This webinar for HIPAA Covered Entities and Business Associates explains the 5 Steps of HIPAA Breach, You should attend this session to learn exactly what to do if your organization suspects it has suffered a Potential Breach or has been attacked by Ransomware.
This webinar explains the inter-connected Breach Notification Rule requirements of Covered Entities and Business Associates when a Business Associate or Subcontractor Business Associate suffers a Breach. And it covers the special, more restrictive compliance requirements when a Business Associate or Subcontractor is an Agent under the Federal Common Law of Agency - including how to avoid creating an Agency relationship by mistake.
This webinar for HIPAA Covered Entities and Business Associates explains the 5 Steps of HIPAA Breach.
Notification Rule Compliance. They are:
• How to recognize a Potential Breach
• The information you need to gather
• 5 Key Questions that can confirm no Breach occurred
• the Data-based Decision - Breach, No Breach or possible "Low Probability of Compromise" indicating a Breach Risk Assessment should be done
• How to apply the factors that can demonstrate a "Low Probability of Compromise" to PHI meaning Breach Notifications are not required
• How to conduct Breach Risk Assessment of a Ransomware Attack that can overcome the presumption that the Ransomware Attack was a Breach of Unsecured PHI requiring Breach Notification
• The timing and content of Notifications that must be made in the case of a Breach of Unsecured PHI
• Notification Procedures when 500 or more Individuals are affected by a single Breach
• Notification Procedures when 1 to 499 Individuals are affected by a single Breach
• Protection against further Breaches
• Law Enforcement Delay
• State Breach Notification Rule Requirements
Why should you Attend
Breaches of unsecured PHI is becoming more and more common. The question is not whether a Covered Entity or Business Associate will suffer a Breach. Unfortunately, it is when will you suffer your next (or first) Breach. You should attend this session to learn exactly what to do if your organization suspects it has suffered a Potential Breach or has been attacked by Ransomware.
You will learn how to investigate, assess, determine and document whether you have suffered a Breach of Unsecured PHI that requires Breach Notifications, when and how to provide Breach Notification and the other things you must do when you have a Breach.
There is a secret to HIPAA Compliance. The secret is the HIPAA Rules are easy to follow, step-by-step, when you know the steps.
In this session, you will learn and see the 5 steps of HIPAA Breach Notification Rule compliance explained clearly in plain language.
Areas Covered in the Session
Who Will Benefit