Understanding the New ICD-10-PCS Code Changes and their Clinical Meaning including New Devices and New Technology
During this informative webinar, ICD-10/ CPT trainer & Instructor, Gloryanne Bryant will provide a high-level review of the Official Guidelines for ICD-10-PCS Coding and Reporting FY2021 which includes two new guidelines: B3.18 and B5.2b. and two revisions. There are 544 new codes for the hospital inpatient Procedure Coding System (PCS). These 2021 ICD-10-PCS codes are to be used for discharges occurring from October 1, 2020, through September 30, 2021. 12 New PCS codes for the introduction or infusion of therapeutics related to COVID treatment (originally released on 8/1/2020) will be presented during the webinar.
Gloryanne will also review additions to tables for FY2021 include several new codes for insertion for radioactive element, two new transplant codes, a bypass code to capture a new percutaneous left-to-right atrial shunt, inserted as a treatment for congestive heart failure, and a bypass for the pancreas. Also, you will find a new “extraction” code for ectopic pregnancy and several new brachytherapy codes for Radiation Therapy (64 new codes). There are over 12 new technology codes within Section X and Character 6 device/substance/technology.
- For FY2021 there are 544 new PCS codes, Hospital Coding, and CDI professionals need to review key aspects to the Official Guideline changes;
- Understanding the new ICD-10-PCS codes changes and the clinical meaning including new devices and new technology (ie convalescent plasma);
- Coding staff must gain knowledge of the coding conventions and how they impact the new ICD-10-PCS codes and tables;
- Obtaining coding Compliance and compliance with HIPAA regulations including following the official ICD-10-PCS coding guidelines.
- Overview of FY2021 ICD-10-PCS Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting
- Review of the New ICD-10-PCS codes and tables for FY2021
- Improve understanding of clinical procedures such as fragmentation on clots/plaque, ankle fusion, pancreatic bypass, and many others.
- Learn about documentation and specificity for many new procedure codes.
- Meet compliance and obtain accurate coding and reimbursement with knowledge of the coding guidelines and PCS tables.
- Review Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting ICD-10-PCS changes FY2021
- Enhance knowledge of the key concepts of new ICD-10-PCS coding for FY2021;
- Learn about the significant changes to the code set within procedure tables for Insertion, Fragmentation, Bypass, Fusion, Insertion, Brachytherapy, and New Technology;
- Gain an understanding of key documentation requirements for assignment of new codes;
- Enhance skills through coding Practice with review and analysis of PCS case scenarios.